Global Affairs Office
Admissions and Regulations for coming to Taiwan
本校約於 9 月間開學，詳見入學通知所訂日期。凡獲分發之學生，務須於開學前抵臺，並持分發通知書辦理入學手續。
According to the Taiwan’s National Health Insurance (NHI) Law, Overseas Chinese Students, including Hong Kong and Macau students, who have been living in Taiwan for 6 consecutive months and have left Taiwan once for not more than 30 days (, the actual number of days will exclude the days leaving Taiwan in the 30 days period) will be required to be insured by the National Health Insurance. For those who are in straitened circumstances should obtain relevant proof statement (foreign language must be translated into Chinese) from foreign affairs embassy, sponsor unit, foreign schools, and certain proven agency in your home country before departing to Taiwan. Relevant statement will be required during the school registration. For those who are qualified, half of the fees will be waived from the Overseas Chinese Affairs Commission. Before receiving the National Health Insurance, all Overseas Chinese Students will be required to be insured under the Overseas Chinese Medical Insurance for 6 months, and half of the fees will be subsidized by the Overseas Chinese Affairs Commission in Taiwan.
居留證 Alien Resident Certificate (ARC)
- Prove of legal identity staying in Taiwan.
- Resident Visa holders are required to apply for the ARC at the local office of the Ministry of Interior National Immigration Agency on the next day upon arrival or within 15 days of the issue of your resident visa.
- A foreign national shall apply for an extension within 30 days before his/her period of residency expires if they have to continue their visiting or residency in Taiwan.
- If the ARC has expired when you are in foreign countries, you should apply for a resident visa abroad and re-apply for a new ARC at the local office, and are not allowed to pay for over-due penalty and re-use the original ARC
- If your ARC is lost, bring along with the completed application form, passport (original and copy), one 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm color photo, enrollment certificate and police report or "Statement of Lost ARC" to the Immigration Agency for re-issuing.
- Chinese students from Hong Kong and Macau holding foreign nationality may refer to application process for international students in dealing with arrival procedures and ARC
臺灣地區居留入出境證 Taiwan area resident and entry/exit certificate
- Hong Kong and Macau students must apply for an entry permit for Hong Kong and Macao residents before entering Taiwan (able to stay for 3 months). Documents should be prepared for application of entry/exit certificate at the Immigration Agency in Taiwan after completing medical examination
- A foreign national shall apply for an extension within 30 days before his/her period of residency expires if they have to continue their visiting or residency in Taiwan
For more details, please contact the Ministry of the Interior of the National Immigration Agency.
入學管道 Application Methods 入學申請資訊 Admission Information
入學暨來台相關規定 Admissions and Regulations for coming to Taiwan