Latest News：2019 YZU-GAO VIdeo Contest
Yuan Ze University is our home away from home~
Remember the times that you take a stroll after class, lie down on the field and amazed by the starry sky up above~
Or the times that you had a tennis battle under the vibrant sky~
Or the times that you learn Mandarin in the magnificent building that looked like a paper airplane in the outside but harry potter moving stairs in the inside?
So what is YZU to you ?
Theme: No theme limitation, students are encouraged to be creative.
- All current student of YZU (including exchange student)
- Personal entry or by a team (max. 5 people in each team)
- Video-cast members must include YZU foreign student
Entry regulations：One student ID is limited to submit one entry. Teams may submit more than one entry but each entry should be submitted using student ID of team members. I.E Student A, B, C is in Team Alpha. Their first entry shall be submitted using student ID of student A and student A as the team leader; second entry shall be submitted using student ID of student B and student B as the team leader.
Video regulations：Filmed using Hand-phones or professional equipment with 1080P HD resolution, smooth script, basic special effects, clean and clear conversation or dubbing in English, subtitle .srt file in English, royalty-free music, and the last frame picture must be "YZU-GAO Contest compulsory final frame picture".
Length：Regular version 90~180 sec、Vlog version 180~300sec
Popularity award and filming subsidy shall both be awarded if qualified. All prize above shall abide by the laws and regulations of the Ministry of Finance and Taxation. People who will reside less than 183 days within the year 2020 shall be taxed 18% of the total prize. International students shall provide ARC photocopy or Visitor Visa as proof of stay.
Application period：2019.10.16 ~ 2020.02.05
Popularity Award Voting Deadline：2020.02.14
Announcement of Winning Entries：2020.02.21
Filming subsidy is only provided to regular version entries and must upload a behind-the-scene photo to 2019 YZU-GAO Video Contest-behind the scenes photo before 2019.12.31
Application and Submission of Video Entries:
Step 1: Shot a video (Regular version 90~180 sec; Vlog version 180~300 sec), must comply with the Regulations Governing the Classification of Motion Pictures and Trailers and the Use of advertisements and promotional materials for a motion picture and copyright and privacy provisions of this contest.
Step 2: Upload behind-the-scene photo to 2019 YZU-GAO Video Contest-behind the scenes photo before 2019.12.31. The photo should be named as "Student ID+Title of Video" (Max file size of 1MB). Upload video to your personal YouTube account. The video should be named as " Name of Team+ Title of Video+ 2019 YZU-GAO Video Contest"
Step 3: Submit online application form 2019 YZU-GAO Video Contest. Fill in Title of Video, Concept of Video, Video YouTube Link, and etc.
Step 4: Wait 3-5 days for GAO qualification review. Video entries that passed qualification review will be shown at Google Vote -->here
- After you uploaded your video, click SHARE and Hashtag 「＃ 2019 YZU-GAO Video Contest」. Share your video to the public on FB or Instagram and tag your friends and family to vote for you.
- Go to Google Vote. Find your video entry by "Name of Team+ Title of Video"
- One Google account could only vote once.
- GAO will review the video entries by Regulations Governing the Classification of Motion Pictures and Trailers and the Use of advertisements and promotional materials for a motion picture and video storyline. Video entries found to be not suitable for public view, defamatory towards YZU, or discrimination towards others will be disqualified.
- Video entries that passed qualification review will be shown at Google Vote -->here
- Disqualified entries will be deleted directly without notice.
- Storyline 30%：Great storyline that will improve YZU's image and encourage foreign students to apply YZU
- Creativity 30%：Comprehensive evaluation among other entries
- Shooting technique 20%：Overall shooting and presentation of video
- Video Editing 20%：Overall editing, special effects, and flow of video