Latest News：YZU will be adopting online teaching for two weeks (5/9-5/22) in order to prevent the spread of the pandemic Important Notice
1. In response to the pandemic situation, our university will practice pandemic prevention simulation from May 9 (Mon) to May 22 (Sun). All courses will be taught remotely for two weeks.
2. During this period, each course offering unit and department is requested to supervise the course arrangement and assist in the implementation of online teaching.
(a) Period: May 9 (Monday) to May 22 (Sunday)
(b) Method: All instructors and students do not attend to university for classes and to adopt distance teaching and learning
(c) Courses: All courses in the university (including practical/physical education courses).
• In the special case that required physical-taught courses, please fill in the application form to obtain approval before execution. [application form]
• If the experiment or practical course must be conducted in the university, the instructor has to control the number of students by using time slot arrangement. Please ensure students wear face mask and keep appropriate social distance during the study process. Instructors are also requested to use digital methods as much as possible.
• The implementation of physical examination courses (for example, cardiopulmonary fitness examination, swimming ability examination, etc.) will be announced by the Physical Education Office.
4. Adjustment on teaching methods will be considered by the respective course instructor, with the following suggestions:
(a) Synchronous remote (for example, Microsoft Teams)
The instructor will conduct real-time remote lectures and students can ask questions or engage in interactive discussions by voice and text. The teaching process also can be recorded to become an asynchronous remote course.
(b) Synchronous and asynchronous mixed remote
Some hours will be taught in synchronously while other hours will be taught in asynchronously. Instructors shall record audio and video files on PPT, Words or other selected materials, then upload them for students learning purpose.
5. Instructors are requested to communicate with students and announce the adjusted teaching method. Also, please record the attendance and participation of students in the virtual classroom.
6. Instructors shall explain the customized performance evaluation methods to their students, clearly announced on relevant platforms, and keep relevant records for assessment basis.
Depending on the future pandemic situation, instructors and students are requested to stay alert for any updated announcement on matters related to academic affairs. Thank you very much for your tolerance and cooperation.
Curriculum Section, Office of Academic Affairs