Latest News：In response to the second-level extension of the pandemic prevention, YZU’s latest measure will be practicing two-weeks online teaching from 22nd September (Wednesday) to 5th October (Tuesday).
An announcement from the Taiwan Central Epidemic Command Center is still on second-level alert for pandemic prevention purpose. Our university will therefore adopt online teaching exercises for the first two weeks of the new semester (September 22 to October 5). From October 6, courses that principally meet the number of indoor gatherings restrictions will resume physical teaching. Please pay attention to our homepage for rolling updates depending on the pandemic situation.
- All units and departments are requested to supervise the necessary course arrangements and provide assistance to ensure effective online remote teaching.
- Implementation details
(a) Period : 22/9/2021 (Wednesday) until 5/10/2021 (Tuesday)
(b) Method : Students shall not attend to school and follow classes via distance learning
(c) Course : All university’s curriculum and teaching activities
Considering both the pandemic prevention measures and the quality of learning, specific courses that cannot be taught remotely such as courses using special software, experimental courses or design courses etc, are recommended to have appropriate adjustment on course content and delivery methods. Instructors shall conduct lessons punctually according to the scheduled hours, follow the progress of each week’s teaching progress. This will be done via MS Team real-time demonstration or a video recording of the operation of relevant equipment for students to watch and practice repeatedly. Instructors also can communicate with students via live broadcast and request assignments submission for each learning unit.
3. Adjustment on teaching methods will be considered by the respective course instructor, with following suggestions:
(a) Synchronous remote
Instructor will conduct real-time remote lectures and students can ask questions or engage in interactive discussions by voice and text. All teaching process can be recorded and become an asynchronous remote material. For example, either using Microsoft Teams or online teaching convenience package provided by the Ministry of Education, are required to keep the relevant records of the used materials, video and audio tracks for the class conducted.
※Microsoft Teams platform teaching videos have been placed on the homepage of Yuan Ze University/Epidemic Prevention Zone/Synchronous Learning/Yuan Ze University Microsot Teams remote teaching operation simple instructions (including teachers and students)
※For related inquiries and assistance, please refer to the technical staffs of respective department or personnel from the section of network and media.
(b) Asynchronous remote
Recorded audio and video files on PPT, Words or other selected materials will be uploaded for students learning purpose. Teaching service group has free software OBS Studio, which can assist in recording computer screens and sounds.
※For the OBS Studio recording software explanation video, please refer to https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l7Kg8 ... aqB5tQA7/view?usp=sharing, or connect to the Office of Academic Affairs website
※If instructor have questions about video recording-related issue or needed any software support, please contact Mr. Chen from the Teaching Service Section of the Academic Affairs Office. (Extension: 2940, E-Mail: email@example.com)
4. For information about course selection and freshman admission, please link to the website: Yuan Ze University Homepage/School Administration/Office of Academic Affairs/New Students Area
(a) As the course selection period of the third stage fall within the period of online teaching (online course selection 9/13-9/29, course selection problem handling 9/13-10/6), students who meet the conditions of manual addition and withdrawal can fill in the "Course Selection Questions Handling Application Form". After obtaining the instructor’s agreement with signature on either e-form or paper form, kindly send the form to the course unit by e-mail or walk-in. (For email address of the instructor and the administrator, please check the course webpage)
(b) Our university applied online course selection system. Only the students who meet the special circumstances described in the form can only manually add or cancel the selection with the "Course Selection Problem Processing Application Form". Please go to the website of Academic Affairs Office to download "Course Selection Questions Handling Application Form". Please refer to the description and contact each course unit for further inquiries.
(c) Due to the consideration of the classroom capacity, the course unit’s secretary will determine whether to approve the application of course addition or cancellation based on the time when the "Course Selection Problem Processing Application Form" is received and whether there are special reasons to be considered.
(d) For the general education courses that have reached the maximum number of students, will not be accepting any "Course Selection Questions Handling Application Form".
(e) According to the regulations of the academic rules, freshman to junior students must not take less than 16 credits per semester, senior students must not be less than 9 credits per semester, and undergraduate students who do not meet the overstudy requirements must not have more than 25 credits. For those who need to apply for credits reduction due to special reasons, please refer to the Announcement of Reductions in the Office of Academic Affairs.
6. Instructor must inform the students of the adjusted method of attending the class. Instructor shall ensure good quality of teaching, properly monitor student participation or online attendance, interact and respond to students’ questions in a timely manner, also remind the students to take online courses in their residences and reduce access to public places.
7. Instructor should properly handle student performance evaluation matters. The customized evaluation methods and standards (such as attendance rate, adjustment of evaluation items or performance ratio) shall be explained in detail to students, clearly announced on relevant platforms, and keep relevant records for assessment basis.
8. Depending on the future pandemic situation, teachers and students are requested to stay alert for any updated announcement on matters related to academic affairs.