Latest News：Special Entry Procedure for Covid-19 (updated 2021.09.06)
Entry process to Taiwan
Overall Guide for Students
|Step 1: Wait for the official announcement from MOE (updated on 8/24).|
|Step 2: Wait for the official document from YZU.|
|Step 3: Apply for a Taiwan visa after receiving the official document from YZU.|
|Step 4: Receive Taiwan Visa →Contact YZU personnel in charge|
|Step 5: Book a flight ticket and quarantine accommodation after reconfirming all dates with the YZU personnel in charge.|
|Step 6: Receive the Entry Permit Certificate and School Consent Letter from YZU.|
|Step 7: Receive negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test report issued within 3 days (working days) prior to the flight.|
|Step 8: Entry into Taiwan.|
|Step 9: Undergo quarantine for 14 days and self-health management for 7 days.|
|Step 10: Register into YZU and apply for Alien Residence Certificate (ARC).|
What does YZU do when we receive the official document from MOE?
- YZU declares the official List of International Freshmen to MOE.
- YZU receives the official approval documents from MOE.
- YZU provides the official document (mentioned in Step 2-3 above) to students for the Taiwan Visa application.
- !!!Contact YZU when you received your Taiwan Visa !!! (mentioned in Step 4-5 above)
- YZU declares an entry list to the Taiwan government.
- YZU process the Entry Permit Certificate and School Consent Letter for students. (mentioned in Step 6 above)
What you Should do.
|Before Entering Taiwan|
Entry Permit Certificate and School Consent Letter
|Upon Arrival in Taiwan|
|Arrival PCR Test & Transportation Aarangement|
Disease Containment Expert LINE BOT
Self-health management (7 days)
- All immigration-related procedures may be adjusted at any time due to the impact of the pandemic. Please pay attention to the announcement of the freshman group and YZU Email.
- Contact YZU personnel in charge first thing when you receive your Taiwan Visa. DO NOT book your flight ticket before contacting us.
- Contact YZU personnel in charge immediately when any unexpected things happened such as change/delay of the flight.
- Print out all required documents (listed below) before departure to Taiwan and keep an e-copy inside your handphone.
- Purchase a Taiwan SIM card either in your origin country (not recommended) or at Taoyuan International Airport (recommended). The active period of the Taiwan SIM card package must be at least 21 days with internet access and call-time. Please prepare the following: Passport & Boarding Pass and Cash/Credit Card NT$1,000(valid for 30 days). A parental consent letter is required for students under the age of 18.
- Please prepare cash of at least NT$ 5,000 and a credit card (Visa or Mastercard).
- Taiwan prepaid SIM card ≈ NT$ 1,000 or above
- Pandemic prevention Taxi Fee ≈ NT$ 1,000~3,500
- Accommodation Fee ≈ NT$ 26,000~55,000
- Original and authenticated copies of your highest degree diploma and transcript.
- Passport with at least six-month validation.
- Admission Notice from YZU.
- Health exam report (If you already did a health exam to specifically fulfill the requirement for getting a visa in Taiwan, please bring it with you.)
- Four copies of 2-inch photos.
- Cash of at least NT$5,000 and credit card.
- Financial statement of at least US$4,000
- Entry permission
- The negative test result of COVID-19 3 days prior to the flight
- For students who choose to quarantine inside a centralized quarantine station and is under 20 years old→ Notice of Group Quarantine and Right to Petition for Habeas Corpus Relief that is signed by your legal representative (parents)
- For students who choose to quarantine inside a quarantine hotel → booking confirmation of quarantine hotel
- (8/24) The Ministry of Education announced that international students can officially start the process for applying for entry into Taiwan.